Logs, logging, log file, vBSSO logs ...
Someone has asked you for a debug log? As far as we all know (do not know, not all - in fact it is really do not matter), the Log File - it is a file for recording events in a computer program. Logging is the act of keeping a log.
Why it is so useful?
There is a lot of information in log files that can be discovered, that let you quickly search and find out things like the health of a network, who has been accessing the network, how an application is performing etc.
Logging and vBSSO
In order to effectively manage a vBSSO plugin, it is necessary to get feedback about the activity and performance of the module as well as any problems that may be occuring. The vBSSO plugin provides very comprehensive and flexible logging capabilities.
vBSSO allows you to define your custom level from next levers:
- FATAL: defines very severe error events that will presumably lead the application to abort.
- ERROR: defines error events that might still allow the application to continue running.
- WARN: defines potentially harmful situations.
- INFO: defines informational messages that highlight the progress of the application at coarse-grained level.
- DEBUG: defines fine-grained informational events that are most useful to debug an application.
- TRACE: defines finer-grained informational events than the DEBUG.
- ALL: all levels including custom levels.
How to enable vBSSO logging?
- Log in to your forum’s `/admincp/` control panel as administrator.
- Navigate to `vBSSO` section.
- Expand section and click on the `Logging & Notifications` link:
- Set `Logging Level` to `All` and specify your email address to receive the debug information.
- Set `Enable email of the log entries` to `YES`.
- Press `Save` button.
- If you don’t need to receive debug messages, clean up your email address field and switch `Logging Level` to `Warn` and press `Save` button.
- Make sure that that the Logs directory is writable.
Where to find the log file:
vBSSO -->Logging & Notifications-->Download in ZIP.
Also, it is possible to download (remove) the log files from vBSSO Logs Filelist.
As always, thank you for choosing vBSSO.
Your vBSSO team.