The documentation in this chapter contains the information that is relevant for you, if you are want to configure the plugin on your Drupal and vBulletin.
Log in as Administrator to Drupal Admin Panel. Navigate to:
Drupal 7.x > Modules > OTHER and activate 'vBSSO for Drupal 7.x' plugin. Drupal 8.x > Manage > Extend > List and activate 'vBSSO for Drupal 8.x' plugin.
vBSSO Drupal Settings Page consists of:
- Footer Link checkbox - the foter link contains with a copyright phrase: Single Sign On provided by vBSSO. This setting allows you to show or hide a footer link.
- Platform Shared Key - here you can modify your default Platform Shared Key by setting it to more secure unreadable phrase to encrypt exchanged data. Unconnect the platform to change the shared key!
- Platform Address - is unchangeable option for user and is used for connection the platform.
- Fetch and Show vBulletin Avatars - check this chekbox if you want to use vBulletin avatars on your Dupal site.
- View My Profile in vBulletin and Edit Member Profile in vBulletin - allows to redirect user to vBulletin profile edit page.
CONFIGURATION, CASE 1
- Log in to Drupal as administrator.
- Navigate to vBSSO Settings page.
- Modify your default Platform Shared Key by setting it to more secure unreadable phrase to encrypt exchanged data.
- Save Changes.
CONFIGURATION, CASE 2
- Log in to your vBulletin control panel as administrator.
- Navigate to vBSSO section.
- Expand section and click on the Connect Platform link.
vBSSO Settings page includes the following components: Required, Connect a Platform, Connection Settings, Link Custom Page, Profile Fields, Acess Settinngs, Logging&Notifications, Warnings and Backup&Restore ( more info about vBSSO Connect vBulletin ).
- Copy Platform Url link and Shared Key field from Drupal installation to vBulletin.
- Enter BAA credentials (only in case if your platform is protected with BAA).
- Click on Connect button to connect your new platform.
- This will connect the Slave platform with the Master platform. You should see the name of this platform in ‘Connected Platforms’ list below the main window.
- Go back to Drupal vBSSO Settings page and verify that API Connections fields are filled out.
You can connect as many Slave platforms as needed!
Here you can configure - User Groups Association. User Groups Association allows you to set up custom permissions for each Drupal user group: for example in cases when you want your forum can only be viewed by your moderators or when you like all users to have to register in order to view your vbulletin board forums, etc. It’s possible to accomplish all of these tasks by connecting the power of vBulletin’s user groups and permissions system and vBSSO plugin!