The documentation in this chapter contains the information that is relevant for you, if you are want to configure the plugin on your Joomla and vBulletin.
Log in as Administrator to Joomla Admin Panel. Navigate to:
Joomla Admin Panel > Components > vBSSO
vBSSO Joomla Settings Page consists of:
- Footer Link checkbox - the foter link contains with a copyright phrase: Single Sign On provided by vBSSO. This setting allows you to show or hide a footer link.
- Platform Shared Key - here you can modify your default Platform Shared Key by setting it to more secure unreadable phrase to encrypt exchanged data. Unconnect the platform to change the shared key!
- Platform Address - is unchangeable option for user and is used for connection the platform.
- View My Profile in vBulletin - allows to redirect user to vBulletin profile page.
CONFIGURATION, CASE 1
- Log in to Joomla as administrator.
- Navigate to vBSSO Settings page.
- Modify your default Platform Shared Key by setting it to more secure unreadable phrase to encrypt exchanged data.
- Save Changes.
CONFIGURATION, CASE 2
- Log in to your vBulletin control panel as administrator.
- Navigate to vBSSO section: Admin Panel > vBSSO.
vBSSO Settings page includes the following components: Required, Connect a Platform, Connection Settings, Link Custom Page, Profile Fields, Acess Settinngs, Logging&Notifications, Warnings and Backup&Restore ( more info about vBSSO Connect vBulletin ).
- Expand section and click on the Connect a Platform.
- Copy Platform Url link and Shared Key field from Joomla installation to vBulletin.
- Enter BAA credentials (only in case if your platform is protected with BAA).
- Click on Connect button to connect your new platform.
- This will connect the Slave platform with the Master platform. You should see the name of connected platform (marked with green color) in Connected Platforms list below the main window (in case of Joomla - you will see connected Joomla platform).
- Go back to Joomla vBSSO Settings page and verify that API Connections fields are filled out.